AIGA Austin's Design Ranch is just around the corner. The countdown has begun to April 18th. Grace Hall, Ranch Director and the rest of the folks heading things up are busy getting things spiffy for this sold out three-day event in the Texas Hill Country. This will be the 10th DR and it's sure to be memorable.
I'll be working the next two weekends finalizing materials for my workshop: "Rock. Paper. Stitches." My employer, Olmsted-Kirk - the oldest and rootinest, tootinest paper company in the great state of Texas is sponsoring my three workshops. Paper materials are being supplied by my fellow paper enthusiast and head honcho at Reich Paper, Mr. Duke Reich. The papers they make are beyond luxe. I am excited to be sharing them. We'll be utilizing the super thick-100% cotton, Savoy and the felty goodness of Odeon. You'll be drooling. Promise.
Beyond my workshops, I am looking forward to spending quality time with quality folks making things and kicking back. Here's just a few items on my DR to-do list.
- Meet Anna Bond from Rifle Paper
- Sit in the calm presence of Dana Tanamachi
- Eat a Dorito and Mayo sandwich with Geoff Peveto of Decoder Ring
- Letterpress with Dirk Fowler from F2design
- Sign paint with Paul Fucik and Joel Swec from Arts & Recreation
- Spend time with my girls: Kelly and Diana
- Eat some great Ranch grub! I am talking about that peach cobbler!
Yee-haw - Come and make it!